Friday, September 17, 2010

Final Draft Responses

I wrote about Thanksgiving and the fall season that is coming up. I was called on to write because of the weather outside. There were leaves blowing, and the air was cool and crisp and I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. It was so nice not to be able to walk to class sweating because of the heat. I established my purpose in great detail about the fall season and whats to come during the seasons, ( the holidays and such). I wanted to have the readers to get an imagination of how they connect to their favorite memories and season, and past childhood. Everyone has a season and environment that relates them to a favorite memory of theirs. I discussed my ideas with my roommate and our friend across the hall and we reminisced about walking to class with a Star bucks cup in one hand, and our leggings and sweaters and boots. When the weather is cool and nice to walk to class to, and there's leaves everywhere. Just the atmosphere is what gets me excited.

The writing hardly took me long to think of at all. I came up with lots of ideas right away without hardly any hesitation. Once you get me started talking on something I love, I could go on forever in great detail without much brainstorming.

Before my rough draft, I made an outline discussing all the things I love about Fall and I made my rough draft off of that. It was pretty easy to follow, and simple to come up with the ideas and memories.

I received some feedback on to much random detail. I immediately fixed that and made my paper more organized and explained my entire day of Thanksgiving instead of jumping around with random Fall facts. I edited and proofread the final draft and was pleased with how much better my final draft sounded. It was so much more organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment